Driver, security guard arrested over Rs. 10 million ATM cash
A driver and a security guard of a private company had been arrested over a robbery, in which more than Rs. 10 million cash was stolen when it was being transported in Bulathsinhala, the Police said.
According to Police a gang was reported to have robbed the cash from the van after throwing chili powder to the private security company employees last evening at Pahala Naragala in Bulathsinhala and robbed the money.
They said the security guard of the van was believed to have put down his weapon and allowed the robbers to rob the money.
The Police said they were investigating the incident to determine whether the management of the security company was involved with the robbery.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023