Duminda cannot recall shooting incident: CID
CID informed Colombo magistrate Court that MP Duminda Silva told from Singapore that he cannot remember the Kolonnawa shooting incident where presidential Advisor Baratha Lakshman Premachandran was killed.
A statement made by Duminda Silva, who is being treated in the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, was presented by the Crime Investigation Department (CID) in courts today.
The statement reads that Mr. Silva only remembered speaking to an election candidate in Tamilnadu Watte area earlier and then waking up in a hospital.
According to the Duminda Silva’s surgeon Dr. Keith, he needs to undergo two more surgeries to the head and hand.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023