e-Health cards for all by 2020
e-Health cards will be provided for all Sri Lankans by 2020, Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne said.
Addressing the introduction of e-Health Card at a ceremony held in Colombo recently, the Minister said that since all the data of a person is included in his/her e-health card, it is very easy for doctors to treat him/her without having to find out the details such as blood group etc, which could be a time consuming process.
The E-Health card contains all the health reports of the patient.The project is being implemented with the assistance of National Information and Communication Technology Agency. All state hospitals will be included in the e-health project. Under the E-Health Programme, all patients admitted to state hospitals will be registered in a computerised system and all the medical reports of the patients will be computerised as well.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
OH I see. this a addition to the three Singapore style three state of the are hospitals he promised to build.
This guy promised 3 Singapore style hospital when he returned from Govt (tax payer) sponsored heart surgery in Singapore.
This guy is the Minister for Health and had he gone to a Sri Lankan Government Hospital for his heart surgery, he would have become my hero.
Now, this guy is promising eCards for 24 million citizens in 2 years. Is he speaking through his mouth or through the opening at the back of his body in the middle part?
Suggest that he proceeds to Singapore for a brain examination; unfortunately, they will find that he has none.
Mr Harrison Pieris . I totally agree with you. They all speak through the opening of thire back. Volkswagen factory, Mega city, economic hub of the world to name a few.