Easter Sunday attacks: Case against Pujith, Hemasiri filed before Colombo Magistrate’s Court concluded
The Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today (27) concluded the magisterial inquiry against former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando and former IGP Pujith Jayasundara in connection with their criminal negligence and failure to prevent Easter Sunday Terrorist attacks.
The Case was taken up before Colombo Acting Magistrate Sanjaya Gamage today (October 27).
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) informed the Court that indictments have been served against the duo before the Permanent High Court-at-Bar and therefore requested that the case against the two at the Magistrate’s Court be closed.
Accepting the request, the Acting Magistrate ordered to end the relevant proceedings against the former defence secretary and the former IGP.
855 indictments each have been filed by the Attorney General against Pujith Jayasundara and Hemasiri Fernando over their failure to prevent the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023