Economic situation will worsen if political stability is not established – Central Bank Governor
The Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) Dr. Nandalal Weerasinghe says that the economic situation in the country will become worse if political stability is not established soon.
Speaking to reporters in Colombo today (May 11), Dr. Weerasinghe warned that if political stability is not achieved within two weeks, he would not remain as the Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
The Central Bank chief condemned the attacks on peaceful protestors and the events that followed, including setting houses on fire, shootings, and looting.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023