Finance, Defence, & Public Security Secretaries reappointed
Secretaries have been re-appointed to the Ministries of Finance, Defence, and Public Security with effect from yesterday (May 10), the President’s Media Division says.
The Secretaries were reappointed by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa in order to maintain normalcy in accordance with powers vested in him.
Accordingly, the appointments are as follows:
Secretary of Defence – General (Rtd.) Kamal Gunaratne
Secretary of the Ministry of Public Security – Major General (Rtd.) Jagath Alwis
Secretary of the Ministry of Finance – K.M. Mahinda Siriwardhane
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023