Electricity prices to be reviewed and revised in July 2023 – Power and Energy Minister
Electricity prices will be reviewed and revised by July 2023, Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera has stated.
Further, Minister Wijesekera stated that electricity prices will be revised in line with the Government Policy and Cabinet decisions taken in 2022, in a bid to implement a cost reflective pricing mechanism.
He further noted that it was decided to review and revise electricity prices biannually, in January and July months of every year.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023