Essential service employees should possess verification letter, service ID
Police say it is mandatory for all individuals engaged in providing essential services to be in possession of a letter validated by the respective head of the institution or an online document, at all times.
Speaking during a media briefing in Colombo today, Police Media Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana said only those with a valid document could leave their residence.
DIG Ajith Rohana said in addition to the official identity card, any individual leaving their home must be in possession of a letter signed by the respective head of institution stating that the person is required to be at office or outdoors to carryout essential duties.
Meanwhile, the validity period of the permits given to mobile vendors to distribute essential good during the imposition of travel restrictions has been extended to the 7th of June.
(Courtesy: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023