Government to provide Rs. 5,000 allowance from June 02
The government has decided to grant the Rs.5,000 allowance from June 02 to low-income families, State Minister Shehan Semasinghe said.
He stated that the allowance will be provided to Samurdhi beneficiaries, persons who are already receiving government allowances, low-income earners and those who have lost their income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The State Minister added that the government expects to allocate a sum of Rs. 30 billion in order to pay this allowance to the people of the country affected by the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023