Eva Sri Lanka’s First Woman Attorney-General
Solicitor General Shanthi Eva Wanasundara PC was appointed as the new Attorney General by President Mahinda Rajapaksa today (12).
Shanthi Eva Wanasundara’ s name was proposed to the post of Attorney General by the President and was approved by Parliamentary Council on last Friday.
She joined the Attorney General’s Department in 1979 as a State Counsellor. Subsequently she served as the Senior State Counsellor. Wanasundara is the first woman Senior State Counsel, first woman Deputy Solicitor General, first woman Additional Solicitor General and the first woman Solicitor General.
She is a master degree holder of Law of the University of Leicester United Kingdom.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023