Fast unto death by Manning Market traders
Colombo Manning Market traders have launched a fast unto death opposite the Fort Railway Station.
The trade union action commenced last morning (10) in Colombo Fort claiming that the space allocated for their stalls at the new market place is insufficient.
The traders said they decided to resort to a hunger strike as their demands were not met by the end of yesterday (10).
They also state that the project was built merely with political objectives in mind, instead of considering practical concerns faced by traders, therefore calling for the President himself to directly resolve the matter.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023