Father and daughter dies in train accident
Posted in Local News
A 45-year-old father and 11-year-old daughter died today (15) after the motorcycle they were riding collided with a train in Veyangoda.
The accident was reported around 6.45 this morning when the motorbike they were travelling on collided with the Colombo bound Kankesanturai train on the Wadurawa level crossing.
Further investigations are being carried out by Veyangoda Police.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023