Finance Ministry rejects claims of salary hikes for Government employees
Although there was a salary increment for those who represent the Judicial System, there is no truth in the claims that the salary of other state employees will be increased in parallel to that, stated the Ministry of Finance.
Issuing a release, the Ministry pointed out that there had been a cabinet proposal for this in year 2006.
Accordingly, although the salaries of the officials in the Attorney General’s Department and the Legal Draftsman’s Department will be increased by this, it is not possible to increase the salary of other parties, stated the Finance Ministry.
Meanwhile, salary increment of MPs had been a controversial topic in the political platform.
However, Minister Mano Ganesan stated that there will certainly not be a salary increment for MPs.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023