First commercial flight arrived in Sri Lanka after reopening airports
The first commercial flight arrived at the Bandaranaike International Airport this morning from the Muscat International Airport after reopening of the airport which was closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Accordingly an Oman Air flight carrying 50 Sri Lankans from Muscat, landed at the BIA at 7.40 a.m.
They were sent to a quarantine centre operated by the Sri Lanka Army.
Passengers can now book flights at normal rates as commercial flights have resumed to Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023