First Navy officer recovers from COVID-19
The Sri Lanka Navy says a COVID-19 affected Navy personnel, who was receiving treatment at the National Institute of Infectious Diseases after being admitted on the 25th of April, has been discharged after making a full recovery.
He is the first Navy personnel to recover from the COVID-19 virus, stated Sri Lanka Navy.
The recovered sailor had served attached to the Welisara Navy Base.
The Navy officer will remain in quarantine for another 14 days on healthcare instructions.
The sailor’s family members are also undergoing quarantine at the Navy quarantine centre in Boossa.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023