First two Sinopec fuel shipments to arrive in Sri Lanka in August
The first two shipments of fuel under the agreement with China’s Sinopec are due to arrive in Sri Lanka in the first week of August, State Minister of Petroleum D.V. Chanaka said.
Meanwhile, he assured that a Maximum Retail Price (MRP) will be stipulated by the Government to all fuel companies under the price formula from August.
Sri Lanka signed a contract agreement with Sinopec in May, 2023, in response to the ongoing foreign exchange crisis.
Under the new deal the Chinese firm will be given a 20-year licence to operate 150 fuel stations and will also be able to invest in 50 new fuel stations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023