Focus on South Indian Tamils-Wimal
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jeyalalitha Jeyaram and DMK Chief M. Karunanidhi should focus on the welfare of the suffering Tamils in South India without talking of establishing a state of Eelam, Minister Wimal Weerawansa said on Saturday.
Addressing a function in Ampara, Construction and Common Amenities Minister Weerawansa said the Tamils in Sri Lanka were leading better lifestyles than the Tamils in South India.
He charged that both Ms. Jeyalalitha and Mr. Karunanidhi were deceiving the innocent Tamils in Tamil Nadu and only concentrating in building their images.
“They are working according to the agenda of making Sri Lanka hub of the imperialists,” he said.
He said the Sri Lankan government was focusing on rebuilding North and the East which were under the clutches of the LTTE in the past.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023