Fonseka transferred to Welikada
MP Sarath Fonseka was transferred to the Welikada Prison last night after his 30 month rigorous imprisonment which was recommended by the second Court Martial was ratified by the President, Army Spokesman Ubaya Medawala told Ada Derana.
Fonseka had been transferred to the prison at around 10.30pm last night, prison sources said. When queried on whether Fonseka was being kept with the General Population the source claimed that he was being kept separately.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023