Former British PM Blair to assist eliminate misconceptions on Sri Lanka
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has assured to appear on behalf of Sri Lanka in eliminating misconceptions in the world. He gave this assurance during a meeting with President Maithripala Sirisena.
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair who is on a private visit to Sri Lanka met President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s Office. He appreciated the initiative taken by the President for the conduct of the Parliamentary elections in a free and peaceful environment.
Tony Blair lauded the programme mooted by President Maithripala Sirisena to build democracy and reconciliation within the country giving a proper leadership.
The Former British Prime Minister elaborated on the possibility for Sri Lanka to work within the international programmes of the Tony Blair Foundation. He emphasized to the President that every support would be extended to Sri Lanka for the growth of the island’s tourism industry.
(Government News Portal)
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
Good news. But we should not take it from Face value. He can be another Erick Solhaim!
He failed in ME.
Yes, Nima Sihalaya, he failed miserably in ME. Now he is trying to use Sri Lanka to come to lime-light again.
The sooner we realize that people from that part of the world never does any thing for people from our part of the world for nothing the better it will be us. Tony Blair is all of a sudden he is worried about the misconceptions about Sri Lanka. What a Joke.!!!
The title must be corrected to say “Former British PM Blair to assist eliminate misconceptions created by him on Sri lanka”.
He was one of those perpetrators who created massive world wide anti-Sri Lankan sentiments after becoming a moral slave to pro-LTTE tamil constituents in England.
Sirisena as secrtary of the SLFP during last decade of Elam `war’ must have been aware and concious of the British policy towards Sri Lanka in general and in particular to the acts of terrorism perpetrated by Tamils under Prabhakaran
What can Blair do through his Foundation now for what he did not and could not do as British prime minister.
He gave this assurance during a meeting with President Maithripala Sirisena. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair who is on a private visit to Sri Lanka met President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s Office.