Susil resigns as UPFA General Secretary
Posted in Local News
Susil Premajayantha, in a letter to president Maithripala Sirisena, says he will resign from his post as general secretary of the United Peoples Freedom Alliance.
“I am disappointed as some of the coalition partners of the UPFA tend to mislead the people with media statements and press conferences. I am too disappointed with the acts of some UPFA members who show no intention of protecting the party,” Premajayantha said in the letter.
He said the UPFA had not been faced by such problems in the past with regard to national list appointments but on this occasion the enjoining order the election results had led to unexpected difficulties cropping up.
Meanwhile, National Freedom Front (NFF) leader Wimal Weerawansa has threatened legal action against Mr. Premajayantha for not nominating a NFF candidate to parliament from the UPFA national list.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
Thank you sir,
Can you explain why you didn’t file a case at courts to challenge the illegally appointed new general secretary.
Actions by you would be better than accusing others.
At the moment it appears that Sirisena hatched a controversy with your knowledge and you have been an “insider” to destroy SLFP after taking some bribe from Sirisena.