Former ETI Finance directors released on bail
The Colombo High Court today (August 03) released the four former Directors of Edirisinghe Trust Investments (ETI) Finance Limited over the Rs. 7 billion misappropriation case.
Former directors of ETI Finance – Nalaka Edirisinghe, Jeewaka Edirisinghe, Anjalee Edirisinghe and Asanka Edirisinghe – were served indictments when the case was taken up this morning.
In January this year, the suspects were taken into custody on charges of criminal misappropriation, cheating, money laundering and other offences.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023