Ajith Nivard Cabraal released on bail
Posted in Local News
Former Governor of the Central Bank Ajith Nivard Cabraal was released on an Rs.10 million surety bail by Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court over a case filed by Ven. Thiniyawala Palitha Thera.
This order was issued by the Colombo Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage.
Case was on alleged financial irregularities that took place while Ajith Nivard Cabraal was serving as the Central Bank Governor in 2014.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023