Ranjan Ramanayake sentenced two years suspended imprisonment over second contempt of court case
Posted in Local News
Former State Minister Ranjan Ramanayak was today sentenced to two-year-rigorous imprisonment suspended for five years by the Supreme Court in connection with the second contempt of court case.
Mr. Ramanayake was produced to the Supreme Court today morning (June 07) for the second case filed over committing contempt of court. He has pleaded guilty to the second contempt of court charge laid against him.
On 12th January 2021, Ranjan Ramanayake was sentenced to 04 years of rigorous imprisonment by the Supreme Court for committing contempt of court, and he is already serving this sentence.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023