Former Presidential Transport Director arrested
Former director of the Transport division of the Presidential Secretariat, Keerthi Samarakoon has been arrested by the Police in connection with the missing of three luxury vehicles of the Presidential Secretariat.
Earlier, the Fort Magistrate also ordered the Department of Immigration and Emigration (DIE) to impound the passport of the former Transport Director, on 27 January.
The police have announced that they are unaware of the whereabouts of at least 120 vehicles belong to the PSO. SSP Rohana also requested the public to notify the police regarding any information leading to these missing vehicles.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023