Friday Holiday for Public Sector in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal to declare Friday a holiday for the Public Sector.
With three non working days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), public sector employees will be encouraged to carry out agricultural work to increase production in the country.
However, the four-day work week will not apply to Essential Services including Electricity Supply, Water Supply, Education, and Security.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Suggest declare 7 day holiday for the stupid leaders of the Nation including the Coward hiding in the bunker and the 225 in Parliament
We will emerge from the crisis, quicker.
With three non working days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), public sector employees will be encouraged to carry out making babies to increase the population of the country as millions of youngsters obtaining passports to work abroad. The world need many more Sri Lankens to mean and dangerous work. And also to increase the revenue from consumption of alcohol for the benefit of tax collection.