Frozen food prices in Sri Lanka will increase – Asela Sampath
The All-Island Canteen Owners’ Association predicts that the price of refrigerated and frozen goods such as yoghurt, ice cream and meat will increase due to the 75 percent hike in electricity tariffs.
Chairman Asela Sampath said to the media that the restaurant owners will be severely affected by increase in tariffs.
He said that the electricity bill was increased after the price reduction of food items by the Canteen Owners Association.
He said, a regular cup of tea had been reduced by Rs.30 and lunch packets by 10 percent to attract customers to restaurants once again.
Sampath added they too are affected by the price hike including electricity bills at stores in addition to prices of refrigerated food items.
He noted that manufacturing companies will determine prices which will be imposed on the public.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024