Fuel prices to increase with pricing formula
In accordance with the pricing formula activated by the Ministry of Finance, there is the possibility of the price of fuel being increased from today said the general secretary of the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation Trade Union D.J. Rajakaruna.
He said that in view of the appreciation of the Dollar and the price of crude oil in the world market rising an increase in the price of Fuel in the local market could be expected. During the past three months in which the pricing formula was in operation the price of Petrol and Diesel increased.
During the first three months from 10th July to 10th September the price of Octane 92 Petrol increased by Rs 12, Octane 95 Petrol increased by Rs 11, Supiri Diesel Litre by Rs 13 and Auto Diesel by Rs 14 the Petroleum Corporation stated.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Mahinda Nissanka)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Deshabandu Tennakoon appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sri Lanka February 26, 2024
- United Petroleum enters Sri Lanka’s fuel market, secures supply contract February 26, 2024
- Sri Lankan opposition parties sign no-confidence motion against speaker February 26, 2024
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024