Galwewa Siridhamma Thero released on bail
Venerable Galwewa Siridhamma Thero, the convener of the Inter University Bhikku Federation (IUBF) was released on bail today (November 23).
Siridhamma Thero was detained for 89-days under the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) and was thereafter remanded along with the Convener of the Inter University Students Federation (IUSF) Wasantha Mudalige.
Venerable Galwewa Siridhamma Thero was released on two personal bails of Rs. 500,000/- each today (November 23) by the Colombo Magistrate’s Court.
Venerable Galwewa Siridhamma Thero was ordered to appear at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) once a month and he was prevented from travelling overseas.
In addition, Siridhamma Thero was barred from making any comment on the legal matter to the media.
He was warned that if he conducts himself violently again, his bail will be cancelled and he would be returned to remand custody.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023