Will not allow another Aragalaya – would deploy military and use emergency powers – President
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe told Parliament today (November 23) that he would not allow another Aragalaya and if that happened again he would deploy the military and use emergency powers.
President Wickremesinghe told Parliament today that he would not dissolve the parliament until stability returns to the country.
He told Parliament that anyone can obtain permission from the Police and stage any protest without blocking roads and causing obstructions to people.
The President accused the Frontline Socialist Party (FSP) and its leader Kumar Gunaratnam of being responsible for the attempt to capture parliament on the 13th of July 2022. “After doing so, they would have gone on to capture the Supreme Court,” he said while blaming the FSP for orchestrating the chaos.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Gota didn’t have this courage and backbone! So, no ‘Ranil-Go-Gama” ????
We have seen what one ‘ARAGALAYA’ achieved. Now, nobody wants to follow up those accusations and bring Rajapakshas before the law. They all are back now and doing politics. Very likely bacause, beseless accusations. ARAGALAYA was very likely a regime change engineered and funded by somebody who you know. Priyamalee’s billions unaccounted for, also may be found to have something to do with this as the investigation continues.