GMOA call off strike action
The strike action launched by government doctors today has been called off fallowing discussions, the Government Medical Officers Association said.
Earlier today the Colombo District Court issued an enjoining order, effective for 14 days, preventing the strike, demanding transport allowances promised by the government.
The enjoining order was issued by Judge Dammika Ganepala after considering a petition filed by a patient admitted at the Colombo National Hospital, naming the GMOA as respondents.
The petitioner had requested that the enjoining order be issued, citing that the lives of patients were in danger due to not receiving proper treatment as a result of the strike action launched by doctors.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023