GMOA engages in 24-hour strike
Posted in Local News
The GMOA have engaged in a 24-hour long strike, today (22) which commenced at 8.00 am.
The strike is based on four pleas proposed by the GMOA.
Hospitals that will not be taking part in the strike action include maternal hospitals, children’s hospitals, the cancer hospital, army hospital, and the kidney treatment units at hospitals.
The GMOA stated that all doctors’ part of their union will refrain from practicing at private hospitals as well, for the duration of the strike.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023