Gotabaya unveils his dream for educated youth
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) presidential candidate Gotabaya Rajapaksa yesterday said he would attract additional revenue to the country by training 300,000 youth who had passed the G.C.E. O/L and A/L examination, in IT.
Addressing a live public forum Kurunegala, Rajapaksa said that training youth was high on his agenda. He out of more than 200,000 who the G.C.E. Advanced Level examination said only about 30,000 entered universities .
Plans were underway to set up universities specialising in science and technology.
Rajapaksa said that the number of short term courses too would be conducted under that programme.
The former Denfence Secretary also said that unnecessary taxes would be axed.
He also said that eight districts in Sri Lanka were bringing in excellent revenue from the pepper industry. However due to recent imports of low quality pepper and re-exporting them under Sri Lanka label caused the local industry to collapse.
He stressed that traditional cultivation would be boosted and local farmers would be given prominence by putting an end low quality imports.
(Source: The Island – By Ifham Nizam / Pix by Reuters – Dinuka Liyanawatte)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Import more (tuk tuk) 3 wheel’s. Problem solved.
Mr GR is such a brilliant visionary.
I sincerely hope the electorate will ensure his ascension the Presidency.
He has ideas encompassing a vast array of issues facing the country.
Sure he has the courage to implement them with military precision.
Sri Lanka, utopia awaits you over the next 30 years if you vote wisely and decisively today.