Government to allocate Rs. 40 billion for crop damage compensation
The Cabinet of Ministers has decided to allocate Rs. 40 billion to compensate paddy farmers for drop damages sustained during the last Maha Season, says Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage.
The proposal was presented by Minister of Agriculture Mahindananda Aluthgamage.
Meanwhile, Minister Aluthgamage stated that 1 kilogram of paddy will be purchased by the Paddy Marketing Board for Rs. 75/-.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023