Government unable to control prices of goods – Kiriella
Posted in Local News
Chief Opposition Whip Lakshman Kiriella said that today there is no control on the prices of goods because the Government has lost control and people are suffering immensely as a result.
He said, the Yahapalana Government summoned the Cost of Living Committee, reviewed the prices of goods and controlled the prices of essential items.
Kiriella announced that the Samagi Jana Balawegaya, providing a very special precedent in democratic politics, had passed their constitution with several important decisions being made, including appointing the future leader by the Executive Committee of the Party.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
There is nothing new that prices of essential commodities going-up every year at the end of each year under successive governments in power. Regarding democratic politics, voters believe SJB Constitution will not permit the party to take all national list MPs of minor parties for it & later allow to cross-over (to other parties) and blast them (SJB) in parliament left and right !