Govt to increase public sector wages
Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake today said that the salaries of government sector employees will be increased by Rs 5,000 from the interim budget on January 29.
Speaking at a press conference in Colombo, he also stated that the prices of essential goods and services will be reduced in the near future.
He said the government expects to provide these concessions through the slashing of taxes imposed on them.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023