Govt to increase public sector wages
Posted in Local News
Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake today said that the salaries of government sector employees will be increased by Rs 5,000 from the interim budget on January 29.
Speaking at a press conference in Colombo, he also stated that the prices of essential goods and services will be reduced in the near future.
He said the government expects to provide these concessions through the slashing of taxes imposed on them.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023