Greig diagnosed with lung cancer
Tony Greig, the former England captain, has been diagnosed with a form of lung cancer and will undergo a biopsy later this week to determine at what stage the disease is at and what the required course of action would be.
“I have had a few scrapes in my life and this is another one,” Greig told the Sunday Telegraph. “[His wife] Vivian and I are going to put the boxing gloves on and fight this like we’ve never fought anything before.”
Greig, who is currently a well-known television commentator, was initially diagnosed with bronchitis in May. His condition did not improve and tests following the World Twenty20 revealed that he has a lesion on his right lung. On his return to Australia from the tournament, he had “a lot of fluid” drained from the lung, and further testing revealed he had cancer.
Greig said he was unsure if he will be working over the Australian summer, as commentator, with Channel Nine: “At this stage, the summer is totally up in the air. My priority, 100%, is my family. They will come first.”
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
A friend in need – A friend indeed!.The Great Cricketing Ambassador-Our prayers are with you Sir, for a speedy recovery.
MAY YOU LIVE LONG !