H E the President declares open ‘Eagles Lagoon View’
His Excellency the president Mahinda Rajapaksha declared open the first ever reception hall named ‘Eagles Lagoon View’ of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) in Katunayaka on an invitation extended by the Commander of the Air Force Air Marshal Harsha Abeywickrama last evening (02nd March).
Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksha and Chairperson of the MoD Seva Vanitha Unit Mrs. Ioma Rajapaksha also participated in the glamorous occasion.
The two storied Reception Hall is situated facing the lagoon front having a clear and un obstructive view of the Negombo lagoon. The top floor of the of the two stories complex is comprised of a lobby, 4 bed rooms with attach bathrooms, bridal dressing room, studio and a changing room while the ground floor consists of lobbies, banquet hall, washrooms and a kitchen.
The project was completed at a cost of approximately Rs. 45 million and will now be available for reservations of weddings and other functions for both service personnel and civilians.
The constructions of the Reception Hall were carried out by the Air Field Construction Wing. The electrical work and the landscaping were done by the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Wing and the Command Agro Unit respectively.
Minister of Social Services Hon. Felix Perera, Minister of Civil Aviation Hon. Priyankara Jayaratne, Deputy Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development Hon. Sarath Kumara Gunaratne, Hon. Sudarshani Fernandopulle MP, Commander of the Army Lt Gen Jagath Jayasuriya, Commander of the Navy Vice Admiral Jayanath Colombage, Members of the AFBM, senior officers and the Chairperson of the Air Force Seva Vanitha Unit Mrs. Neelika Abeywickrama were also present at the opening. (M.O.D)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023