Hand grenade found at leading private hospital in Colombo
Police launched an investigation after a hand grenade was recovered at a leading private hospital in Narahenpita, Colombo today, Police Spokesman SSP Nihal Thalduwa said.
Police spokesman said the grenade was found in a toilet on the first floor of the hospital.
Police spokesman further said the hand grenade was handed over to the STF and Narahenpita Police is conducting investigations into the incident while security in and around the hospital has been tightened.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023