Harassments through means of telecommunication is a punishable offense
Sri Lanka Telecommunication Regulatory Commission said that spreading rumours through SMS messages and harassing individuals by means of telephone calls is a punishable offense.
The Commission also took measures to SMS the public on this offence last night.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023