Harsha questions Gota’s US citizenship
Posted in Local News
Minister of Economic Reforms and Public Distribution Dr. Harsha De Silva says the Presidential candidate fielded by the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna, former Secretary of Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s name is not in the list of US citizens who have revoked their citizenship.
Taking to Twitter the Minister said his name was not in the list as of 30th of June 2019.
Accordingly he questioned as to how the former Defence Secretary obtained Sri Lanka only citizenship in May 2019.
Meanwhile in response United People’s Freedom Alliance Parliamentarian Namal Rajapaksa said the documentation will be presented if needed.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Pohottu in a pickle, my dear friends.
Their candidate is not eligible to be elected.
See attached link:
Dear MP Harsha, Mind your own business. Look at your ministry, how much work have you done for the last 4 years? How much funds you have received and how much work have you done?
You all came o power to eradicated the wrong doings, instead what you have done? You all came to the power to punish Rajapakse regime who accused for taking country money, what you have done?
During he election time yet again, you all bringing up the same dust.
People are not idiots.
If Rajapakse is not the right person we will bring another which you have never seen in politics.
Country is not yours, its ours. We will build it without MPs like you.
only after nominations are signed that the country will know the true candidates, this is just a show at first the day of election has not been confirmed by the Elections commission, all these political parties are taking the voter on ride, I guess this is the only country in the world these things happen God bless Banana Republic.
The Chairman of the Elections Commission is a JOKER; he will sign anything, having scratched his beard.
Agree with you, CONCERNED, this country is indeed, a WONDERLAND.