Have debt restructuring plan – TNA
An expedited economic stabilization programme is needed to face the challenges before the country, Tamil National Alliance (TNA) Spokesman MP M. A. Sumanthiran said.
Joining the All-Party Conference (APC) at the President’s House yesterday, he pointed out that the country should have a pre-plan when it seeks the support of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to ease the economic crisis.
He added that the country needs the support of experts on debt-restructuring when it approaches the IMF.
(Source: Daily News – By Dhanushka Godakumbura)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023