Hemasiri uttered falsehoods – Former President
Former President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday denied the statement made by former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando regarding him testifying at the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the 2019 Easter Sunday Attacks which was reported by the media.
The statement of the former President said: “Former Secretary to the Defence Ministry Hemasiri Fernando’s remarks made upon former President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the Easter attacks were widely publicized by the media.
He said former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando’s allegations as publicised by the media regarding former President Maithripala Sirisena at this Commission are completely untrue and malicious. “If the former President Maithripala Sirisena would be given the opportunity to appear before the Commission, he will clarify the facts regarding all the relevant statements,”the statement said.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023