Hemasiri uttered falsehoods – Former President
Former President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday denied the statement made by former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando regarding him testifying at the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the 2019 Easter Sunday Attacks which was reported by the media.
The statement of the former President said: “Former Secretary to the Defence Ministry Hemasiri Fernando’s remarks made upon former President Maithripala Sirisena at the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the Easter attacks were widely publicized by the media.
He said former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando’s allegations as publicised by the media regarding former President Maithripala Sirisena at this Commission are completely untrue and malicious. “If the former President Maithripala Sirisena would be given the opportunity to appear before the Commission, he will clarify the facts regarding all the relevant statements,”the statement said.
(Source: Daily News)
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
Anyone believe you?
We all know how hard you worked to wreck Yahapalana who brought you to the big chair.
We all know how hard you worked to wreck the nation.
We all know how you continued shopping in Singapore while the country was experiencing a severe terrorist incident.
Remember back-stabbing after hoppers and plain tea and then getting into bed with untouchables because of your greed for power and to stay in power? It has come to haunt you.