Mandatory advisory classes for offenders
Traffic Police will not fine those violating the ‘Lane Law’, which was to commence today, instead the offenders will be directed to mandatory advisory classes.
A special programme is in place to identify drivers who violate the Lane Law, said Deputy Police Chief adding that CCTV systems in Colombo City as well as mobile units and drones will be in use.
However, Director of the Traffic Control and Road Safety Division, SSP Indika Hapugoda said the traffic law will be strictly enforced since the implementation is a success.
The implementation of the four-lane road rule commenced on 14 September as a rehearsal. “Action will be taken to identify and educate drivers violating the traffic rules. Steps will be taken to provide more space for three-wheelers and motorbikes in the bus priority lane,” he claimed.
The Traffic Lane Law must be followed on all roads and not only at entry routes into the city of Colombo mainly from the Rajagiriya, Nugegoda, Borella, and Galle Road. Director of the Traffic Admin & Road Safety Division of Sri Lanka Police DIG Sumith Nissanka said all drivers must abide by the Traffic Law in Sri Lanka.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Thameenah Razeek)
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
Best and cost effective way to make the donkeys behind the steering wheel understand why lane discipline matters, is to draw some lanes on a playground like for a race and ask them to run on lanes. Then get some strong, heavy and big guys to run the way weaving through lanes, recklessly, like these donkeys drive on the road, hitting and barging into them. After few hits they will very well understand.