HS codes for 142 new types of goods
Posted in Local News
The Government of Sri Lanka will introduce customs codes (HS Codes) for 142 new types of goods in the imports and exports sectors.
State Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said they are introducing the new HS codes with the aim of facilitating and streamlining import and exports.
The new codes will be in effect from the 1st of January.
According to the Minister, the relevant gazette notification will be issued and it will be effective from January 01, 2023.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023