HS codes for 142 new types of goods
The Government of Sri Lanka will introduce customs codes (HS Codes) for 142 new types of goods in the imports and exports sectors.
State Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said they are introducing the new HS codes with the aim of facilitating and streamlining import and exports.
The new codes will be in effect from the 1st of January.
According to the Minister, the relevant gazette notification will be issued and it will be effective from January 01, 2023.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023