I will not give up the Presidency until my duties are fulfilled
Although certain foreign powers have attempted to conspire against and oust me from the presidency, I will not leave this position before completing my duties, President Mahinda Rajapaksa stated.
He further stated that there was no need to be alarmed about the recent fuel hike as it was a result of increasing oil price in the international market.
The President also added that the groups that require concessions will be granted a suitable fuel subsidy.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023