ICC sanctions Dilshan, Perera for disciplinary breaches
Sri Lanka cricketers Tillakaratne Dilshan and Thisara Perera have been fined and reprimanded for disciplinary breaches during the first one-day international against England, the International Cricket Council said on Thursday.
While former captain Dilshan will lose 25 per cent of his match fee for excessive appealing, allrounder Perera was docked 20 per cent for bringing the game into disrepute.
A disciplinary hearing was not required as both cricketers admitted the charges and accepted the sanctions, the ICC said in a statement, IBN Live reported.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024