ICC warns Sri Lanka over poor pitch
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — The International Cricket Council has officially warned Sri Lanka over preparing a poor pitch for a test match against Australia during last month’s series.
ICC general manager Dave Richardson said Friday that the pitch prepared for the first test match “should be rated as poor.”
The pitch heavily favored the bowlers by offering sharp turn and uneven bounce, causing 16 wickets to fall on the second day alone. Australia won the match by 125 runs and won the three-match series 1-0.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023