IGP & former Defence Secretary granted bail
Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando were released on bail by Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratna today.
Accordingly, the chief magistrate has imposed a surety bail of Rs 500,000 on each of them.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023