IGP wants 75% of crimes solved Gives Police year end deadline
Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara said that at least 75 per cent of the reported crimes and complaints should be solved by the end of this year.
He was speaking at the opening ceremony of the Trincomalee Junior Police Officers’ Holiday Bungalow, ‘Gokanna Cottage’
“It is our duty, yesterday, today and tomorrow, to establish national security. Secondly, it is up to us to prevent and solve crimes. It is my expectation to……solve 75 percent of the reported crimes,” he said.
He added that the duty of the Police is to prevent as well as to solve crime when enforcing national security. “Everyone from the OICs to the SPs’ divisions are should contribute towards solving 75 per cent of the crimes,” he said.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023