Implementing 13th Amendment plus ploy to hoodwink intl. community: Kiriella
The UNP charged today that the government’s recent pledge to implement the 13th Amendment plus was a ploy to hoodwink the international community.
Addressing a press conference, UNP Vice President Lakshman Kiriella said that the SLFP-led alliances opposed the 13th Amendments when it was introduced in 1987, but today, they had pledged to honour it.
Mr. Kiriella said that the SLFP leaders dubbed the 13th Amendment as a move that would pave the way for the separation of the country.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023